To convert the keyboard to AZERTY type on your Sony Tablet S, just modify the generic.kcm and generic.kl to AZERTY. The only requirement is that you must have a rooted Sony Tablet S. Here is how to do it.
1. Do not forget to modified your build.prop if you have a problem. I am not responsable if you brick your tablet S.
2. Delete “.txt” of the two files
3. Push “Generic.kcm” to /system/usr/keychars with permissions : Read for all and write for Owner.
4. Push “Generic.kl” to /system/usr/keylayout with same permissions
5. Reboot system and it’s done.
If you do not want to root your device and are planning to use an external keyboard on it, download and install External Keyboard Helper Pro from play store.