If you mindlessly root your Sony Xperia Z2 tablet you will loose the warranty and can brick the tablet too. However, there is a way on how to root the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet without loosing warranty.
1. Open up your device’s “Settings”. Now scroll to the bottom and tap “About phone” or “About tablet”. At the “About” screen, scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times. Make sure you tap seven times. You will then see a notice that you are now a developer.
2. Now you should have Developer options in the System settings. Go there, enable USB debugging.
3. Again in Settings go to Security options and allow installations from Uknown source.
4. Download Easy Root v5 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…php?p=53448680 (guide is there as well).
5. Download Backup TA v9.11 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show….php?t=2292598.
6. Connect your tablet to your pc normally. Just have your tablet switched on and use USB cabel. Let it install all drivers.
7. Run Easy Root v5 (install.bat) and your tablet will be rooted in few seconds
8. For TA backup run Backup-TA.bat. Follow instructions and save your TA files. It will be created in the folder from which you run the applications. It is compressed in one file. Save it somewhere and keep it!
10. If you want to use external card without limitations, install SD fix https://play.google.com/store/apps/d…=nextapp.sdfix
Find out how to overclock Xperia Z2 tablet.