In this guide we will show you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 tablet. Rooting will allow you to run applications and games that require super user permission. It will also allow you to access and edit system and protected operating system files. Here is the how you root the Tab 4 7.0 tablet.
1. Download and extract the ODIN and TWRP zip file from here.
2. put the device into download mode by holding power+vol down+home and connect to computer with usb cable.
3. now run odin 3.09 (as administrator) and select AP and then select the openrecovery-twrp-18.104.22.168-degas.tar file
4 .hit start in odin and as soon as odin is finished the device turns off for reboot do not let android boot, quickly press power+ vol up+home to boot into twrp recovery
5. now press reboot > system and then slide to install root
6. when device has rebooted to android open superuser installer app and follow instructions to update then install su binary updates then reboot.
7. now download busybox and install it from play store.
you now have rooted your tab 4 sm-t230/t230un
To root Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and 10.1 follow these instructions.